Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fire


I'm behind on everything and I'm not getting much online time right now. Easter morning my family woke up to our backyard on fire. We had a large storage building full of camping equipment, sports equipment, and garden stuff. Well it burned to the ground and almost caught our house on fire. We had 6 baby chicks that were in a little pen close to the building and they died.A lot of our house windows got broke, power lines, phone lines, fences, and our trees got burned. It was really really scary.The fire was huge. I feel SO SO blessed no one was hurt and our house is ok. The fire fighters were awesome and our neighbors have been great. Now we just have a really nasty mess to clean up and a lot of things to replace. I'm really shocked at how deeply this has affected us. It sucks so much of our things are gone and we are so sad about the baby chicks but, most of all it was such a close call. We are even more deeply appreciative of each other and what we have. And I'm pretty much freaked out by fire now since I have seen first hand what it can do. Well, I will be back when things settle down!

18 comments:

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Oh my goodness Brandy!!! How scary and I'm so glad you are all ok!!! I'm thinking about you! HUGS!

Jeanne said...

Oh Brandy, how scary this must have been for you and your family. Do they know how the fire started? Thank goodness that you are all ok. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care and please keep us posted on how things are going.
xo
jeanne

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh my oh my what a desaster!
Poor little chicks *sigh* and poor Brandy. How does that happen? Do you have Easter fires in your area? Easter fires are a tradition here in Germany, but I dunno if you have them in the US too. Fingers crossed that you have an insurance that pays for your lost stuff!
xoxo~ Carola

Susan said...

How horrible for you! Just focus on the blessing that no one was hurt and the house is intact. It's moments like this that you appreciate family, friends and neighbors. You are in my thoughts.
Susan

debi said...

Oh, what a frightening experience! I'm glad that you and your family are alright.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you get through this time.
Sending HUGS!

Elyse said...

oh no, i'm so sorry to hear this but thankful that everyone is okay.

sending warm thoughts

xo
elyse

Alisa said...

Oh my word Brandy! I'm so sorry about your things and your chicks, but so glad you and your family are okay!

Keeping you in my thoughts!

TinyBear said...

oh my - so glad no one got hurt. Sorry to here about the chicks.
Sending you lots of hugs and thoughts
~ Tina

north pal said...

omg! i check each day on your blog or at least i thought i did. i was shocked, but thank God you and your family are all safe. it is so scary and devasting. and when you go to bed,it replays in your mind. we had a grass fire a few years back and lost an old barn with many of our things and attached buildings. about all you can do is stand and watch it burn before our eyes. again, happy you are all o.k. Bestest,Denise

cindy said...

Oh honey,
I'm sorry to hear about that, so scary! I'm glad that you and your family are ok, sorry bout the baby chicks. We had a backyard fire years ago (started by neighborhood kids shooting fireworks) and it does scare you. Keeping you in prayer and sending hugs your way.

-c
yappingcat

flowerdisco said...

omg...i am so sorry to read about this. home fire is one of my biggest fears. my heart is broken about the chicks too.

Little Pink Studio said...

Brandy, I'm so incredibly thankful that you and your family are all safe and that was not worse than it was!!!
I'm also very sorry for the loss of your things and baby chicks.
If you need anything AT ALL, please let me know. I would be happy to send you some extra camping gear..we have plenty!
Big, big hugs to you!!!
Cerri xo

Kris Pare said...

Brandi, I'm so sorry that happened but glad you and your family are okay. Sorry about the chickies. Prayers for you and the family.
xo Kris

Recycled Rita said...

So sorry you had to experience that! We had a fire in our home when I was a child and we were away at a friends and it was scary! My mom really suffered from it and still won't have candles in her home! Good luck with the cleanup...so glad you are okay!
karen...

Nancy said...

OH MY, I am so sorry! I know what a horrible feeling it is to have a fire. We experienced one in our kitchen and had to move out of our house to a few weeks. Praise the Lord that you are all alive and well. Take a deep breath. Things will calm down soon.
Much love, Nancy

My Life Under the Bus said...

I am so glad you and your family are safe ! How scary !!! (((Internet Hugs))) Patty

Auntie Cake said...

So sorry to hear about your backyard. It is scary, and it is stressful when things like that happen. And we store so many expensive things in our sheds and garages and don't give it a second thought. Hope your insurance company treats you well.

Glad it wasn't worse, but at the same time, it is still difficult!
Kate

Wren Cottage said...

No way!!! Oh, I am so sorry!!! I am glad to hear that no one was hurt, but the poor chicks, I know how much you love your little feathered babies. phooey!!
I'm glad you are getting some $ from your insurance and able to rebuild. What a traumatizing experience, I can't even imagine!!
sending you lots of {{hugs}}
xox ~Madai

01 09 10