Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zucchini Banana Bread



I'm really awesome at eating baked goods, but not so great at baking. One of my goals for this summer is to get better at baking. I had some zucchini from my garden, tons of fresh eggs from my chickens,  and a bunch (no pun intended) of overripe bananas. I wanted something healthier than banana bread so I went with Zucchini Banana Bread. I looked and looked for just the right recipe and didn't find it. Sooo I adapted several and made my own and to my astonishment its really good!
My son and stepsons even liked it! Here is the recipe:

Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread



  • 1 cup white flour
  • 1 cup wheat flour
  • 1 cup rolled oat
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  •  1/2 cup of splenda
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2cups white sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  •   1 teaspoon salt
  •   5 small overripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup Walnuts
  • Directions:

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Whisk together white flour, wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,  and salt.
    3. In  separate bowl, beat the eggs.
    4. Add the sugar, oil, and mashed bananas to the eggs; mix well.
    5. Add the vanilla.
    6. Combine  wet and dry mixtures. Stir until  combined.
    7. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts
    8. Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans (9x5-inch).
    9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean

    Happy Baking!

  •  






    1 comment:

    Jill Norwood said...

    Oh my this looks so yummy! It must be a bread baking kind of day...my mom is making pumpkin bread today! I am gardening and doing laundry after 3 days of goofing off in the sun here in Seattle which finally made an appearnace on the 4th of July! :)

    01 09 10