Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour USA


Today is Earth Hour day! My family is going to participate and you can too! On March 28, 2009 at 8:30 p.m. local time, you will join hundreds of millions of people around the world in making a bold statement about climate change. By turning off your lights for one hour, Earth Hour, you will send a message that Americans care about this issue and stand with the rest of the world in finding solutions to the escalating climate crisis. You can find more information HERE
This is such a simple fun thing to do that could really make a difference. We are even taking advantage of this hour to play board games by candlelight as a family. I hope you will join in too!

2 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Very cool!

Penelope said...

I didn't do it to be honest, mostly because I forgot! I don't tend to run by the clock being a nightowl, and I get so involved in my studio that hours go by in a moment.

Frankly though, I'm still slightly annoyed at the whole campaign- to me it smacks of just another sugar-coated way 'they' are pretending to do something about climate change. Our biggest problem is the industrialised meat production- if we could all leave meat out of our diet for just one day it would do so much more than switching the lights off! That said, it's heartening to see that the plight of our earth has become so mainstream. Now that's something I like to see being trendy!

01 09 10