Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halloween Curiosities

 
Halloween is my favorite Holiday. It gives me an excuse to use my slightly morbid side without seeming so strange. haha This is my favorite Halloween display this year. I love it so much I might keep it up year around. Oh wait...I live with other people. I'm not sure my family would like that .Darn.
 
 
 
The center piece is a shadow box/sign I made. The inspiration came from the Tim Holtz Chemistry 102 online class I just took. Honestly I have been using Tim Holtz product professionally for years so I didn't think I could learn more. Boy was I wrong. I learned so much! The class is still being offered by the way. After the class I bought a bunch of his new stuff and this is one of the things I made.
 
 
For the top of the sign I covered chipboard in Lost and Found Halloween paper by My Minds Eye. Then I stamped it with a Happy Halloween stamp by Stampers Anonymous-Tim Holtz.
The shadow boxes are made by cutting one layer of chipboard using the Postage Stamp Frame and Rectangles die from Sizzix-Tim Holtz.The second layer is just the Postage Stamp Frame. I added mounting foam in-between. I first inked them with Tea Dye-Distress ink then Black Soot on top of that. While it was still wet I sanded some areas. I also cut clear windows for two of the boxes out of transparency sheets.
 

Gah! I love these bottles!  I used the Sizzix die Apothecary Bottles to cut bottles from a plastic package. Then I used alcohol inks, and Rock candy Distress paint to decorate them. I BARLY heated them with a embossing gun to warp them. I went around the edges with a black marker.
 
 
For the bat I stamped the image from Stampers Anonymous Halloween Blueprint onto Grudge Paper. I fussy cut him out and inked with Pumice Stone. I stamped the image again onto Aged Paper from my shop. I stamped the writing onto the clear sheet.
 
 
 
 
 
On this one the skull is stamped directly onto the clear sheet.
 
 
The chain connecting each box  is just an old necklace I took apart.
 
 
This is a cool tag I created from the Chemistry 102 Class.
 
I found this wonderful, huge cabinet card photo in an antique store. Check out the boy bottom row, third from the left. Seriously....the kid is possessed or something. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
P.s. I have been in NO way paid or compensated for this post. The opinions here are my own.
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hi Brandy, so glad to see you back posting! I'm missing the old blogging days *sigh*
Love your Halloween vignette, it looks great and not too spooky. I think you can leave out all year. I too think it's great to be able to let the macabre side out at this time of the year. You may like to come and check out my Halloween decor, which is all black and white with touches of brown and vintage of course. That shadow box hanger you made from the Tim Holtz stuff is just too frickin cool! Sending you happy Halloween wishes!
Carola

Wendy said...

Absolutely fantastic! You couldn't have done a better job. So creative and it looks amazing.

Larry said...

Fantastic work of arts.. Thanks for sharing them

shesa said...

replica bags online shopping replica bags by joy replica bags from china

teighez said...

visit this website additional reading have a peek at this site website here Read More Here my explanation

01 09 10