Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Finds



















First of all thank all y'all so much for your enthusiasm about he Joli Paquet! I know we will all have tons of fun!



I have not been "junkin" much at all in the last few months and this weekend I got so awesome finds. All of the photos were in a bag for.....get ready....$1.50! Can you believe it! I got a huge stack of early 1900's reader books, and some other great antique books for a great price. I really have never liked dolls but I saw this one on top of a pile of old junk. She just seemed to call to me. So not knowing anything about dolls I asked the lady about her. She said she had belonged to her grandmother then her mother. And her mother passed away at age 92! So I bought her and through research and all the helpful info from flickr friends I found out she was made around 1890! Can you believe the daughter could just sell her for a very small price? I mean an 118 year old doll that was SO loved she is still in almost perfect condition? Kind of sad...but she has a new home next to Millie my dress form! What a great find indeed!








I thought I would share some of my Halloween/Fall decor. I just put this 6 foot salvaged shelf up above my love seat. Don't you just love it? I did nothing to it but a little cleaning. I haven't quite decided what to keep on it.

Well, don't forget about my giveaway! I will be announcing a winner this Friday!

9 comments:

Sherry said...

Fabulous finds Brandy!! That poor doll baby -- but now she has a loving home!!

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

What great finds. $1.50 for all those pic...WOW what an awesome deal! Love the doll!!! I'm not a huge doll person either but she would have called my name as well. So glad she has a great home. That shelf is cool and love all the pics on it!

Lola Enchanted said...

Gorgous finds!!!!

Alisa said...

I'm not much of a doll person either, but she has such lovely eyes! I can see why you took her home.

Sheila R said...

Find your blog and just love perusing it. Love all the halloween goodness!

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

what great finds! Will you please enter me in for the giveaway!

Little Brown Sparrow said...

Wow! What a great find, well done! I haven't been junking for what feels like an eternity.

Debbie said...

Hi There! I am new to your blog. Loving your finds here! Aren't those antique pictures just awesome? I don't know why, but I am drawn to ones of little children and brides. I love your shelf vignette. Now, will you decorate with those pics all year long, or are they just for Halloween/fall time?

Sleepy Hollow Craft Company said...

that is too sweet!! I got a smiliar shelf at the country living fair last year and painted mine pink and I have been collecting cabinet cards to display on it as well~ but because it is so shallow I have been having a hard time trying to think of anything else to display on it~ please update your blog with pics if you come up with anymore ideas and I will do the same :)
~Jenelle

01 09 10