Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gifts Under The Tree










Posted by PicasaToday Christmas break starts! I finished wrapping gifts in the nick of time. I thought I would share my simple wrap ideas. I used light craft paper. The snowflakes on the paper were wet embossed using various snowflake stamps, embossing power, and a heating tool. I did this after wrapping and it would be much easier and less messy to do before. Then I tied on some recycled ribbon and added a tag that I had hot glued a cupcake tree pick to.
The other gift wrap was done using craft paper again. I cut white cardstock into strips and embossed it using my Cuttlebug and a snowflake folder. The polar bear tag is from an antique print I scanned and printed. I used white, puffy fabric paint and added to the edge. Once its dry you can use a heating gun and heat it. It puffs up to look like snow. I punched a snowflake from Martha Stewarts large snowflake punch and added a gem. Some rustic twine finishes it off.
So if your in a time crunch, just grab some items from your craft supply and make your own gift wrap!

2 comments:

Hillcrest Acres said...

Beautiful presents. Love the evergreen tree tags!!!!

Boxwood Cottage said...

I know I already marveled over these pictures on flickr last year and I still love them, especially the row of tiny bottle brush trees on the chippy white shelf and of course your beautiful tree and wrapped presents! I guess I have to start decorating for Christmas this week, can't wait any longer, not after I saw all your inspiring pictures this morning. C. x

01 09 10