Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hello 2014!

Can you really believe its 2014? I've had this blog since 2007. I only had 17 post last year. Yikes. I can't image anyone is still reading it. I also have never put much "personal" stuff on my blog or online anywhere really. I have 50 excuses like what if the ex, in-laws,or my parents read it? What if people think I'm dumb or a dork? What if someone uses the info and steals my children? But what it really is is fear. Fear of putting myself out there. Fear of what people will think. Well I have noticed a trend among the crafty, DIYers, Moms, and women lately. We are getting REAL. We are posting photos of our chaotic messy house, the project that was a fail, our pouting children, our no makeup yes still in pjs self. We are writing about our pains, failures, feelings, weight gains, and the truth. And I think its...beautiful and brave. My word for the year 2014 is BROADEN. I want will broaden my world, my experiences, my heart, my soul. It WILL be super scary but I'm ready for that.
I will start out by telling you last year was hard. Really hard. My business Brandywine Designs seem to fall off the planet. No matter how hard I tried the income just wasn't coming in. My husband is a contractor and got a year long "job from hell everything went wrong"  job so he was stressed for 1 whole year. My son became a teen (enough said). That's just some of it. The most depressing part was I almost got a divorcé. But through counseling and a few amazing books and people we are happier than we have ever been together. One of those people was Alisa Bowman. She has a book and blog Happily Ever After. Let me tell you people she is REAL. She puts it ALL out there. And she is super nice too. 
I'm still going to have a "crafty" blog.  I am BROADENING my crafty, art side too.  My goal is to blog at least once a week. I have a lot to share and I don't plan on holding back.
If your still reading this...thank you! And to all any of the wonderful people that have stuck with my blog over the years THANK YOU! 
p.s. I'm mostly social network on Instagram. You can find me here  http://instagram.com/lavenderwolf7

10 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Brandy - I love your post! And I can so identify with the year you have had! I lost my hubbie to brain cancer on Feb 15, 2012 and my son and I are still trying to adjust! Life throws us all curve balls doesn't it! I love your word "broaden" and I hope that it brings many new horizons to you in 2014! My word is "Embrace"...to embrace new things and new people in my life and to embrace creativity without worry over what is "good" or "right"!
I love your design style and always enjoy your blog! Happy New Year to you and yours! May it be full of blessings!
Hugs,
Jill (GreenwdGirl)

Unknown said...

Love your post Brandy! I started my blog thinking I would blog about kids and home,etc along with crafts...but I am not much of a writer, lol...so I revised to just keep it crafts. Besides, I have 6 boys and while there is PLENTY to share, most would scare people away!
I love your blog and your work, so glad I found you! Looking forward to all the new year brings!

Sheila Rumney said...

Hoping and wishing you a wonderful 2014 filled with blessings! So glad to see you back here. Love your beautiful artwork!

Amanda said...

I know I had a bit of a curve ball year too and it does knock you back. Hope this year is better for you all.

Kathleen J. said...

Still reading and you're welcome. New follower on Instagram too.

Boxwood Cottage said...

Brandy I'm glad you're back on blogging and sorry to read you had a hard year, but oh well same here, I lost my full time job I had for 28 years last September and I still ahve a difficult time coping with it. About your business/etsy shop, I used to order from your beautiful offerings but nowadays I think the international shipping costs just got up to high! For example I just filled my shopping basket with 3 items from your etsy shop that I really like for 13,30 € (already converted from Dollar into Euro) and then it says the shipping costs are 13,68 €, which is more than the actual goods I wanna buy, that's just not reasonable anymore for such small parts anyway. So I pretty much stopped ordering from etsy which personally I find very sad. Nevertheless I hope your shop sales will rise again in 2014 and as I said I'm glad to see you posting more! Best wishes sends you Carola xoxo~

Unknown said...

internet Bottega Veneta Dolabuy passez sur ce site sacs de répliques de Chine naviguer vers ce site Web Goyard Dolabuy

nesithusm said...

Full Report go to my site about his click this site why not try here Loewe Dolabuy

Unknown said...

see here replica gucci bags look here read this article pop over to this website Louis Vuitton Dolabuy

ESLAM UWK said...

معارض سفرة كلاسيك في مصر تعمل هذه المعارض على دعم الصناعات اليدوية المحلية وتعزيز التواصل بين الفنانين والمهتمين بالتراث الثقافي. إن زيارة معارض السفرة الكلاسيك في مصر تعتبر تجربة مثرية تتيح للزوار فرصة استكشاف الفنون الشعبية والحرف التقليدية التي تشكل جزءاً هاماً من الهوية المصرية الغنية..

01 09 10